I got my hands on this recipe from my paternal aunt, Amto Susu. She is an incredible baker, and makes everything from savory to sweet. This is one of my favorites and one of the easiest. She also makes a delicious snickers cheese cake that I should try and get my hands on next.
This is a no-bake cheesecake, so it is quick and delicious. I made it twice already and friends who were lucky to have it, love it. As you can see it also has a layer of grind pistachios. But if you are not a pistachio fan, you can try it with pecans.
I used the basic cooking dish size, but if you like your cake to be thick, then you need to use a smaller dish. However, I think it is perfect this way, because you can keep it light.
Spreading the date paste is not the easiest thing to do, so I usually wear gloves and add a bowl full of water next to me so I can keep dipping my hands in it before I spread the paste.
No Bake Date Cheesecake
Total time requirement: one hour
250g digestive biscuit (I use digestive)
1 sick of butter (room temp)
300g soft cheese (I use philadelphia cream cheese)
1 lemon zest
1 ts vanilla
400g date paste
1/2 cup of coffee (your preference)
1 cup pistachio grind (pecans are also optional)
a bowl of water
- In an electric mixer, blaze your biscuits until smooth.
- Add your butter and mix well.
- In a cooking dish, spread your crust to make your first layer.
- Put your cooking dish in the freezer until you are done with the next step. This will help hold your crust together when you are spreading the date paste.
- In a saucepan, add your date paste and your coffee and stir until they are well incorporated and smooth.
- Leave it to cool.
- In an electric mixer, mix the eggs, the lemon zest, the cheese, and the vanilla until well incorporated.
- Now remove your cooking dish from the freezer, bring a bowl filled with water, put your gloves on and with your hands start spreading the date paste. This is a difficult step, but keep adding water to your hands so that you can spread the date paste easily.
- As soon as you are done, add the cheese layer. (you can also add a thin layer of pistachio here before the cheese if you like.)
- Now you want to refrigerate your cheesecake. It is best to keep it overnight before serving.
- Before serving, add the layer of grind pistachio on top.